From fascinating innovations that reshape technology to shifting demographics that transform the nation, from political leaders to pop culture icons – what happens in Texas drives the American narrative. So why let New York, Washington and Los Angeles shape our sense of the world?.
Texas Standard is setting a new bar for broadcast news coverage, offering crisp, up-to-the-moment coverage of politics, lifestyle and culture, the environment, technology and innovation, and business and the economy – from a Texas perspective – and uncovering stories as they happen and spotting the trends that will shape tomorrow’s headlines.
The one-hour daily news magazine is grounded in the best traditions of American journalism: fact-based, independent and politically neutral reporting. In an era in which news outlets, politics and citizens are increasingly polarized, Texas Standard offers critical breadth, variety and integrity.
Hosted by award-winning journalist David Brown, Texas Standard features interviews with researchers, innovators, business leaders, political thinkers and experts – across Texas and around the globe – that reflect a diversity of opinions.
Texas Standard is produced in the state capital in collaboration with KUT Austin, KERA North Texas, Houston Public Media and Texas Public Radio San Antonio, as well as news organizations across Texas, Mexico and the United States.
OUR CORE VALUES
• Driven by listener needs and interests.
• Global, not parochial: Stories that matter to listeners – no matter where the stories happen.
• Interpretive: Fact-based journalism that “thinks big” to draw out deeper meanings.
• Civil: Genuinely respectful of a diversity of ideas and voices. Light, not heat.
• Discursive: Engaging in informed conversation, listener interaction and feedback.
• Distinctive: Innovative in sound, story choice and style.
• Proactive, not reactive: Seeking out the stories people will be retweeting tomorrow.
WE PROMISE OUR AUDIENCE AND GUESTS WE WILL:
• Respect your intelligence.
• Respect your need for accurate information.
• Engage both head and heart.
• Remain true to the ideals of public radio.
• Experiment and try new things.
• Keep you informed and connected.
• Surprise you.