After weeks of blazes, three large wildfires in the Panhandle region have been contained. Four people lost their lives before the fires were brought under control, and countless acres of rangeland were destroyed. Ranchers are assessing the damage and beginning to rebuild.
Danny Nusser, regional program leader at the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service, has seen the damage first-hand.
What you’ll hear in this segment:
– How much land was damaged by the wildfires
– What kind of damage ranchers have sustained
– What steps are being taken to begin rebuilding
– What kind of weather would help ranch land recover
– How neighbors and others have come together to support the region